Friday 24 January 2014

Beauty Tips for Winter Weather: Dry Hands

Hi guys!! Sorry for not having updated in awhile, it's exam time for me so I've been doing piles of school work. The next part of my 'Beauty Tips for Winter Weather' is something people in most places of the world have to deal with - Dry Hands- eeeek! 

These are the worst! They can get so dry and cracked that it's painful to wash them, moisturize them, and even in some cases move them. (I've been there. It sucks.) So here's how we get rid of them!
If you can, try to avoid getting to the point where they're so cracked they're painful, it's way easier to fight the dryness than fix them! To do this all you need to do is make sure you don't wash your hands too often... not in a gross way but just don't wash them unless it's necessary! ALSO: no hand sanitizer! It dries out your hands mega, mega fast & it's not good for you, so unless it's an absolute must, avoid it!

Next, make sure you're moisturizing your hands often enough. I know it sounds super obvious but seriously, pay attention to when and how much your moisturizing. Often I find that I'm not doing it nearly enough, make sure you're using a good moisturizer and that you put it on after you wash your hands. 

*Another easy rule is to always put cream on before going out into the cold, this just helps protect your skin from getting dried out by the cold or wind. I also make sure I put lip balm on before I go out in the cold. *

OK so your hands have already gotten past the point of no return- putting any kind of soap or moisturizer on practically stings you to death. The solution: Vitamin E oil. My mom did this for me when I was little and my hands got so dry that they were all cut up on the back, all you do is put a layer of Vitamin E oil on the backs of your hands before you go to bed. Put a clean sock over top to make sure it doesn't get all over your sheets. This works WONDERS, try it. I dare you. You will never look back.

2 comments:

  1. My hands aren't super dry but I want to try the sock thing hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works wonders okay, I swear by this rule. It has saved my poor hands so many times!

      Delete